Zucchini And Corn Fritters
Crispy, flavoursome and packed full of spring veggies, these Zucchini Corn Fritters are here to win over the entire family. Boasting two servings of veg and delivering the all important crunchy on the outside soft on the inside texture, these crispy clouds are a Spring picnic essential. Pro tip: prepare ahead of time and freeze for an easy weeknight meal option (you can thank us later).
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 1/2 red onion
- 6-8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt of the Earth Celtic Sea Salt Fine
- 1/4 tsp Mingle Natural Seasoning Blend Garlic & Herb
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Gourmet Ground Cumin Shaker
- 1 tsp Gourmet Organic Herbs Madras Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Flax Ground
- 1/2 cup Lotus Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Lotus Organic Potato Flour
- 1/2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Spiral Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 small jalapeño or red chilli, diced *optional
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Pimp My Salad Vegan Mayo With Avocado Oil
- Combine corn, zucchini, onion, jalapeño or red chilli, basil, salt, garlic powder, cumin and curry powder into a medium bowl.
- Mix flax meal with water and whisk with fork.
- Add to a bowl with rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, non-dairy milk, and 1 tsp coconut oil and combine well.
- Brush a frying pan with coconut oil and heat over medium.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp fritter batter on to pan and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface
- Turn fritters over and cook on the other size for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and browned.
- Transfer fritters to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining mixture. The recipe should make approx. 6 large fritters.
- To make the Spicy Avocado Aioli, place all aioli ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve your fritters with Spicy Avocado Aioli on it’s own. Enjoy!
- Don’t like spice? You can create both the aioli and the fritters without the jalapeño or red chilli.
- For even crispier fritters, you can bake them in the oven at 180C for 10-15 mins after they have been cooked in the pan.
- You can get creative with garnishes and toppings - serve hot or cold with lemon or lime juice, coconut yoghurt, store brought aioli, or our Glowing Green Goddess Dressing recipe.