Tropical Collagen Cake
A mouth watering cake that makes your skin glow and tastes like a tropical holiday? It’s a big yes from us. This light and fluffy play on a sponge cake is full of all the good stuff like fresh carrot, pineapple, pecan nuts and coconut. But you wouldn’t know it.
This cake tastes seriously naughty thanks to the addition of Nutra Organic’s tropical Collagen Beauty. That’s right - this cake has a heavy hit of collagen to safeguard your skin, hair and nail health. What’s not to love?
- 1 1/4 cups Niulife Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1 3/4 cups Loving Earth Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Very Vanilla Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt of the Earth Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Gourmet Ground Cinnamon
- A dash of Planet Organic Spices Nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Lotus Bicarb Soda
- 2 cups GF Well & Good Plain Flour Blend
- 2 serves Nutra Organics Collagen Beauty Unflavoured
- 3 cups of carrot and pineapple juice pulp (life hack, use the leftover pulp from a fresh cold pressed juice )
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Natures Delight Organic Pecan Nuts
- 1/2 cup Niulife Flaked Coconut
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Grease two 6-inch round cake pans with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined. Next, whisk in the salt, spices and unflavoured collagen. Lastly, whisk in the baking soda.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour. Then add the carrot juice pulp and nuts and coconut, and gently fold them in just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Bake until the tops are springy to the touch and a knife or toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 35-50 minutes.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for 15-20 minutes, then gently remove them to a baking rack to allow them to cool completely.
- Beat the icing sugar, tropical collagen and butter together in an electric mixer on a medium speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Continue beating until the icing is light and fluffy. Be careful not to over-beat the icing or it can turn runny.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, transfer one to a serving dish. Frost with half of the frosting, gently place the second cake layer on top and frost with the remaining frosting. Coat the sides with icing and decorate with flowers, nuts and/or coconut. Slice and serve.