Thai Green Curry
Rug up and enjoy chilly Winter nights with this Green Curry In A Hurry. There isn’t much that beats a wholesome curry filled with seasonal veg, fragrant curry paste and creamy coconut milk. Served with rice and drizzled with fresh lime juice, sit back and relax and let this curry warm you from the inside out.
- 3-4 tbsp Turban Chopsticks Curry Paste Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 400ml can Spiral Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Massel Organic Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 3 tbsp Lotus Tamari (you can also use soy sauce)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, sliced in half
- 3-4 cups chopped vegetables of choice, i.e snow peas, capsicum, broccoli, carrot, bok choy, cauliflower
- 1 cup cubed tofu or diced chicken (optional)
- Steamed Lotus Basmati Rice, to serve
- Handful of Thai basil, for garnish
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and sauté onion until translucent. Add curry paste and cook for an additional 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk or cream, tamari/soy sauce, vegetable broth and lemongrass to your pot. Bring it to a boil and put the vegetables of choice in, starting with the ones that may take longer to cook (i.e carrot) then working your way down to the vegetables that take the least time (i.e broccoli). Once all the vegetables are in, cook on medium to low heat with the lid off for approx. 15 minutes until all the vegetables have cooked through.
- Remove lemongrass from the curry, and serve with steamed rice and fresh Thai basil. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- If you like your curry with more liquid, feel free to add another 1/2-1 can of coconut cream or coconut milk if desired