Savoury Breakfast Muffins
Too busy to start your day with a sit down meal? We gotchu! Packed with spinach, zucchini, feta, pumpkin and eggs, these muffins are the perfect on-the-go breaky, mid morning or afternoon snack. Get your veggie intake up without even trying, our savoury muffins are a real #mumwin.
- 2 1/4 cups diced butternut pumpkin
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups The Gluten Free Food Co. Wholemeal Flour Blend
- 4 tsp Bob's Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder
- 2 tsp BRAGG Seasoning Nutritional Yeast
- Salt of the Earth Celtic Fine Salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Chop pumpkin into tiny cubes and roast in the oven or steam in the microwave until soft.
- Once cooked, place the hot pumpkin on top of chopped spinach in a large bowl. Cover bowl, allowing hot pumpkin to wilt the spinach.
- Prep the rest of the muffin ingredients and grease a muffin tray or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine your eggs and milk and mix in your pumpkin, spinach, zucchini and cheeses. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix in your flour and baking powder, mixing until just combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop muffin batter into your prepared muffin tin, leaving a little bit of room to make sure the batter doesn’t spill when cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Allow to cool before removing muffins from muffin tray
- These beauties can be enjoyed hot, room temperature or cold depending on your preferences and can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- For an extra #mumwin store muffins in the freezer for an easy weekday breakfast.