Raspberry Jam Donut Smoothie
Dessert for breakfast? Donut mind if we do. With a creamy vanilla protein base and a homemade chia jam drizzle, this Raspberry Jam Donut Smoothie is packed full of the goods and tastes absolutely a-glaze-ing.
- 1 tbsp Happy Way Whey Protein Powder Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups The Whole Foodies Jumbo Cashews Natural, pre soaked for in water for at least 2 hours and then strained
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 1/2 tsp Planet Organic Spices True Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Raw Food Factory Vanilla Bean Powder
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups filtered water
- Easy Blend Portable Blender
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Grass Roots Organic Chia Seeds
- Start the chia jam by washing the raspberries well. If using fresh raspberries, place them in a bowl and simply crush with a fork until they become juicy. If the raspberries are frozen you can heat them in a small pan over low heat until they become soft and juicy. Transfer to a bowl, combine with the chia seeds and stir well. Set the raspberry chia jam aside to thicken, which should take approx. 5-10 minutes.
- While the chia jam is setting, prepare the smoothie. Place frozen bananas, pre-soaked cashews, cinnamon, protein powder, vanilla, dates, and water into your Easy Blend portable blender. Blend until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into serving glasses and spoon a layer of raspberry chia jam on to the top of each smoothie, swirl with a spoon.
- Sprinkle it with cinnamon and top with extra raspberries (fresh or frozen). Enjoy!
- *To soak the cashew nuts, place them in a bowl and cover with filtered water and leave to stand for for 2-4 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- *If you’d prefer to make these smoothies ahead of time, keep the chia jam separate and store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. When ready to serve smoothies, you can top with the chia jam, cinnamon and raspberries.