Pea and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
The pasta-bilities are endless with this vegan and gluten-free Pea and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta. Featuring a homemade pesto that will make you ditch the store bought jars, this meal is a total #mumwin as it's packed with wholefood goodness and is here to please even the fussiest of eaters.
- 1 pack Gluten free pasta - we love Casalara Penne or Casalare Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- Add all pesto ingredients except avocado to food processor or blender and blend until all ingredients are combined well
- Mash avocado into a bowl with a fork. Once you have the texture you desire, transfer pesto into the same bowl and mix well to combine. Add salt to taste
- Taste, adjust and add seasonings as needed. You may want to add more lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, basil for extra flavour. Add more water if needed
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, peas and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat
- Cook pasta in boiling and salted water according to pasta package instructions and until pasta is cooked well. Be sure not to overcook.
- Strain pasta, and mix pesto through so the pasta is evenly coated. Then add the other ingredients that are in the pan as well as the spinach, and toss to combine
- Serve and enjoy with fresh herbs of choice, fresh cracked pepper, or cheese of choice. I like to use vegan crumbled feta, dairy-free parmesan, or chopped pistachios. Yum!