Pawsome Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
Pamper your pup with these Pawesome Peanut Pumpkin Dog Treats. Combining pup approved peanut butter, butternut pumpkin and Pet Hemp Nectar to support brain, heart and joint health, these bite-sized beauties are here to nourish your furry friends from the inside out.
- 2 cups The Gluten Free Food Co. Wholemeal Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp Salt of the Earth Celtic Fine Salt
- 1/2 tsp Planet Organic Spices True Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pawsome Pet Hemp Nectar
- 1 tsp water, or more if necessary
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Combine flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, cinnamon and hemp nectar in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Once combined, use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Add 1 tsp of water at a time (only if needed) to help make the dough workable, but don’t add too much as the mixture should be dry and not gooey.
- Place dough on a flat surface (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about 1cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until dog treats are golden brown, crunchy and hard to touch. The baking time will vary based on the the size of the treats.
- Let cool before serving to your dog.
- Be sure your peanut butter doesn’t contain Xylitol as it is dangerous for pets.
- You can make some mini ones for smaller breeds and larger cookie cutters for larger breeds. We do recommend making them smaller in size or tearing them into smaller bites when feeding them to your furry friends.
- These treats need to be completely dried out to avoid mould. You can turn the oven off and allow them to cool in the oven, this allows them to dry out really well.
- These dog treats can be kept for up to a week stored in zip lock bag or an airtight storage container/jar. If you live in a damp climate, you may want to refrigerate them.