Nut-Free Choc Mint Slice
If we could bring one things to a Spring picnic, it would hands down be this no-bake, vegan, nut-free and refined sugar-free, Raw Choc Mint Slice. We're talking a creamy mint mousse layer wedged between a chewy choc coconut base and a decadent crunchy mint choc top. What more could you possibly want?
- Blend all base ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Transfer base mixture into a small square dish lined with baking paper (you can also use a silicone bread mould lightly sprayed with coconut oil). Ensure the mixture is evenly spread out by pressing it out with the back of a spoon. Set aside in the freezer to chill.
- Once the base is frozen, blend all mint creme ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and add more peppermint drops if desired.
- Pour the mint creme layer on to the base in the dish and return to the freezer to chill.
- Melt the Alter Eco chocolate in the microwave or in a small saucepan on a stove over low-medium heat. Stir in the coconut oil until you get a smooth mixture. Pour the chocolate sauce over the mint filling, using the back of a spoon again to ensure that it’s evenly covering the raw slice. Chill in the freezer for 45-60 minutes or until the mint slice filling is firm and the chocolate topping is set.
- Once firm, remove from freezer. Cut into even pieces. You can allow the slice to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly before cutting.