Our Matcha Latte is the ultimate afternoon pick-me-up without the crash. Featuring Organic Matcha Powder for antioxidants, Reshi Mushrooms for adaptogenic goodness and local honey for added sweetness. This really is a matcha made in heaven.
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp Matcha Maiden matcha powder
- Hot water
- Mylk of choice (we like to use Almond or Rice milk)
- Matcha whisk or small electric whisk
- 1 tsp local honey or 2 drops of pure stevia
- Frother/warmer (this can be optional and is not a necessity to make a matcha latte, it's just great for frothing and warming the mylk)
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp Evolution Botanicals reishi extract powder
- 1/2 tsp Loving Earth mesquite powder
- We like to use reishi as our choice of 'adaptogen' and mesquite as the 'superfood'. But you can also add 1/2 tsp of maca powder or 1/2 tsp ashwagandha powder for extra power. You can also add collagen powder or other powders to create your own matcha elixir. If you are using the Nutra Organics Matcha Powder, then there are already adaptogens added to the powder such as Panax Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba.
- If you prefer a sweeter matcha latte, feel free to add your choice of sweetener or sugar
- Using your favourite mug, fill 1/4 of the cup with hot water.
- Add matcha powder, honey or stevia, coconut butter, reishi powder, and mesquite powder.
- Now whisk the mixture until well combined into the water with a frothy surface.
- If you have a milk frother or warmer, you can use that but if not you can also warm your milk over the stove top in a small pot on medium heat.
- Pour in your mylk gently
- Finish with a swirl/stir